Thursday 22 May 2008

Short introduction

The question I am repeatedly asking for couple of years sounds like this: What happens with the identity of someone who has stopped using illicit drugs? This is also my central research question for a dissertation project within my Ph.D. study in social psychology at Masaryk university, Brno, Czech Republic. As a Fulbright research scholar in Houston Galvestone Institute, USA, I am currently trying to find some answers based on interviews with former methamphetamine users who recovered without formal treatment. Finally, I want to use these answers to improve the drug services of NGO Podane ruce in Brno, Czech Republic where I have worked for five years. I´ve heard lots of interesting stories about recovery and self-change in my work,
during my research and also reading the blogs and the website of Wired In. Let´s talk about it...

P.S. Just before my departure to USA, I have stopped smoking. I wonder what will happen with my identity... For sure, I will replace the picture in my profile if I will not smoke after I come back to Brno...

3 comments:

Kev said...

Excellent stuff, I look forward to reading your postings!

David Clark said...

Welcome to the Blogging world Pavel! Looking forward to what you have to say.

David Clark said...

Welcome to the Blogging world Pavel! Looking forward to what you have to say.